A log is a versatile building material that enables many kinds of log home dreams. The log is excellently suitable for house construction, yard buildings, as well as a building material for schools and kindergartens. Log houses are suitable to different landscapes, creating a homely and calming environment.
Life is good in a log house
- Log houses have a high indoor air quality. The log is a hygroscopic material, meaning that the log tends to balance moisture with the surrounding air. Wood has a natural ability to bind and release moisture. It is important to note that the breathability of the inner and outer surface of the log is not prevent by the wrong type of surface treatment.
- Wood in decorating has been proven to calm and reduce stress and lower the heart rate.
- A log wall is a solid and safe wall structure. As a solid homogeneous structure, moisture does not condense in the different structural layers. This makes the log wall a safe structure.
The log house is an environmentally friendly and ecological choice
- Log houses are valued and it is a good investment for the future. Log houses last from generation to generatio
- Wood is ecological and the only renewable construction material. Log buildings last hundreds of years and buildings act as a long-lasting carbon storage. One square meter of wooden wall stores 140 kg of carbon dioxide.
- The logs used in Hirsiset’s houses are supplied from PEFC-certified forests. Forests are taken care of in Finland, 150 million trees are planted every year.